Friday, December 02, 2005

Sweet Innocence

As I sit in front of this geometrical object of sorts, a flat thin monitor staring back at me, I am overcome by memories of those days of yore when innocence reigned supreme. The simple pleasures of life, tasting the sweet rains on my childlike lips; feeling those tears from heaven with my bare childlike hands; running wild like the wind;locking hands in hands larger than mine;snuggling next to purity; encircled in that wide,bear hug;swinging high and then falling down slides;holding his hands and running weeee;watching the plane go high above;going on that bsa champ with the extra wheel;craving for those barbie dolls never aquired; learning cycling on those hired cycles;peeping into friends 'secret' notebooks unnoticed; whispering 'secrets' in best friend's ears;
the first dance class;the first music lesson learnt;the first cycle ride on my very own cycle; the first cycle ride sitting on the cycle bar; the blush when you encounter the opposite sex for the first time;the first time you think you have fallen in love; the next time you think u have fallen out of love;the first signs of growing up; the first time you experience not-so innocent, not-so-childlike thoughts; the first entry into adulhood......
Sweet Innocence outgrown... Ah! Those simple pleasures of life, will I ever experience them again? Can I ever unknow what I know while reliving all those moments I have already lived. Can I go back to those sweet days of yore and live those days all over again?
How the years seem to have gone past! How I have suddenly grown up from talking about unfinished home work, to unfinished courses to suddenly unfinished love stories. Can I give up all I have now for just that one scrap of memory from the past. Can I ever be that sweet child from the past?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tobacconist said...

Mangalore!! Rock on!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home